Friday 8 January 2016

Hello 2016


Well Hello there 2016!

I apologize that this is (just) over a week due, but I had things going on as well as my usual laziness. It is also the end of the first 'official' week of year 2016, so I suppose it is quite fitting.

Looking back at 2015, as typical as it sounds, it was filled with moments that I loved and also filled with times that I hated. Things were not always easy for me last year, but I was also blessed with beautiful memories and more chances. I reflect and think how interesting life can be. You really can't expect what will happen. I now take those 'negatives', put them in the the past and using them to shape a positive future for myself. With that element aside, 2015 was actually also one of my funnest years! I absolutely loved the fun times. Those moments when you feel like you're in a movie scene and everything is in slow motion and you just look around, look at the people around you and think how great life is. It makes me smile. From dancing in the dark with just lights illuminating our faces, to the sun shining and the wind blowing like crazy whilst being on the back of a pick-up truck, and laughing until our stomach ached and ended up almost choking on our food.

Yes, indeed, I am one of those people who set resolutions for themselves, but I don't see anything completely wrong with them. It's true that you don't stick to all of them, but you get something out of trying and some actually work, right? One on my list is to be more positive. I realized that I used to be a much more positive person, but I've become someone full of complaints and someone who looks at the negative side. That's not me - I know it's not. Complaints aside, I want to try and focus at the positive things in life. I want to see more of the 'happiness'. Another one is to balance my time better and know my priorities. It's going to be hard, but I know I can do it. I've set myself projects and tasks that I want to achieve this year and I'll do my best.

I look forward to 2016 as being an awesome year. I'm going to work even harder on a number of things and I know it will be worth it. I'm excited! More memories, more achievements, more happiness.

Gros bisous,
Nich


So for our New Year's celebration, we kept with our usual of celebrating at home with family and invited friends. NYE was more chilled and it was quite pleasant like that. I could actually focus on the food and ate (sort of) comfortable for once. 
Food, check. Family and friends, check. 12 fruits set out, check. Then we waited for the countdown.
"White rabbit!" Of course, on the strike of midnight, we jumped up and down (some will know what I'm on about), shouted "Happy New Year" like crazy, and had our boiled egg each.

Blessed that I spent my time with my family again. 

So once again, here's to a great 2016!

0 comments:

Post a Comment